I am Strong
I am Brave
I can do this
Great start if you read those 3 sentences. If you’re not aware of what you just read, that that’s ok because its what this post is going to explain to you now the. Positive affirmations are like positive prayers or words of encouragement to yourself. Positive affirmations should be a statement written by yourself, for yourself to help motivate, encourage and uplift you, for when you are feeling low or to continue encouraging you to keep going.
There may be times when you’re feeling low, or not up for speaking, by saying something to yourself even if you don’t feel positive will help you. When you say something positively you help to reprogram your brain and your subconscious mind, releasing a hormone that is telling your mind and bod that you are happy (yes even if you don’t feel like this). Positive affirmations can be said aloud or kept to yourself and spoken within your head, this depends on what makes you comfortable. Positive affirmations can be a good way to start, if may not be feeling motivate to do something. Sometimes when you are feeling low or anxious, you may not want not feel motivate to do things, saying something positive can be just as helpful for your mind.
When you say a positive affirmation, it is helpful to visualise, what you’re saying to help create your thoughts and have an image representation (for example If I say think on an apple, you already have an image representation of this and you can attach an emotion to this based on whether you like apples or not). Learn to be gentle with yourself and make yourself feel good, even if you may not feel good when saying this, you are still doing a good thing and helping to reprogram your mind. Always remember that you have to live with yourself 24/7, 365 days a year. Only you know yourself and what makes you happy, other people can add to your happiness but can never make you happier that yourself. You can do this.
How to create affirmations that are meaningful to you
- Think of the things that make you happy and write down what comes to mind
- Create a sentence out of the things that make you happy and internalise them, to make them personal to you.
- Try to visualise your affirmation as an image, to help what you are saying seem clearer
- Ensure when you say this affirmation is gives you a feeling where you feel fuzzy inside, filled with joy and complete happiness.
- Make sure that you believe what you’re saying with all your heart and write it down in a place that is visible.
- Don’t rush and take your time when you are thinking about what you want to write.
Below are some of my favourite affirmations that I like to say to myself.
- I know who I am
- I love the person that I am becoming
- No one can make me happier than me I love myself and accept myself.